August 1, 2019
Effective: May 7, 2019
By accessing the Site, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. If you do not wish your information to be collected, used or disclosed in the manners described in this Policy, please do not access the Site or make use of BlueVolt’s training services and related goods.
- Types of Information. BlueVolt may collect two types of information
- Aggregate Information. For purposes of this Policy, information that is anonymous, aggregate information (such as pages visited on the Site, browser type, referring URL, IP address) will be referred to as “Aggregate Information.” Aggregate Information is not connected to you or to any other personally-identifiable information relating to you.
- Personal Information. For purposes of this Policy, personally-identifiable information that is connected to you or other personally-identifiable information relating to you, including, but not limited to your name, billing address, payment information, home address, electrical license information, telephone number, e-mail address, birth date, or gender, will be referred to as “Personal Information.”
- Children under 13. BlueVolt complies with requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the FTC’s Rule interpreting COPPA (16 CFR § 512). The Site is not directed to children of any age and BlueVolt does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 13 years in any manner.
- Legal Basis for Processing
- Contract. There are universities on BlueVolt in which the Controller is the company that owns the university. In this situation, the owning University would establish its legal basis for processing which in many cases might be via their employment relationship. BlueVolt however is only the Processor for these Universities and is processing Personal Information to perform the contracted services on behalf of the Controller.
- Legitimate Interest. BlueVolt will monitor user activity in efforts to prevent fraud or platform information security breaches.
- Consent. For universities where BlueVolt is the Controller, Consent will be obtained from Customer at time of registration. Customer thereafter maintains all rights outlined in the “Contacting, Updating and Opting Out” Section.
- Use of Information.
- Aggregate Information. BlueVolt uses Aggregate Information only to generate statistical reports, such as reports about the use of the Site. Such reports are used to make the Site better meet your needs or to allow BlueVolt to better conduct its business.
- Personal Information. BlueVolt uses Personal Information to fulfill your requests for certain products and services; to customize the content you see; and to contact you about specials and new products. BlueVolt reserves the right to use an outside shipping company to ship orders and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. For the most recent full list of all of our sub-processors please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Support at email@example.com. When BlueVolt uses third parties such as these to assist BlueVolt in processing your requests on the Site, BlueVolt requires that the third parties comply with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. BlueVolt may also share Personal Information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of BlueVolt’s network and services.
- Disclosures of Information. Personal Information. BlueVolt does not sell, rent or share personally-identifiable information to or with any third party not affiliated with or owned by BlueVolt, except that BlueVolt may disclose such information to service providers who may assist BlueVolt in providing services to you or in such areas as data storage. BlueVolt will disclose your personal information to third parties when you give us permission to do so.
- Aggregate Information. Aggregate information is used solely for internal purposes to help BlueVolt improve its users’ experience at the Site and to better provide its services to you.
- Cookies. BlueVolt may use “cookies” to recognize and count new visitors and to acquire Aggregate Information that lets BlueVolt analyze traffic patterns and tune the performance and functionality of the Site. A cookie is a file that is placed on your hard drive when you visit a web site. It contains specific information that allows the Site to “recognize” your computer the next time you visit. The most important use for cookies is to eliminate the need for you to re-enter your information every time you visit the Site. Most browsers accept cookies by default, but you can turn off cookies using your browser settings. To learn how, see: for Microsoft Internet Explorer users, www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm; for Firefox users,http://mozilla.gunnars.net/firefox_help_firefox_cookie_tutorial.html. If you turn off cookies, certain Site features may no longer work or may work differently. Please note that when you accept a cookie from the Site, BlueVolt does not gain access to your hard drive or personal information other than the information you have provided to us. BlueVolt does not provide cookie information to any third party.
- Disclosure as Required by Law. BlueVolt will disclose user Personal Information when required by law or if BlueVolt has a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on BlueVolt.
- Business Transition. In the event BlueVolt goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or a sale of a portion of BlueVolt’s assets, our customers’ Personal Information may be part of the assets transferred. Disclosure of users’ Personal Information in such a situation, or in contemplation of such a situation, shall be deemed consistent with this Policy. However, such a transfer may result in a change in this Policy, and you are advised and strongly encouraged to review this Policy frequently.
- Links. The Site contains or may contain links to other web sites. BlueVolt is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other web sites. This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Site. BlueVolt encourages you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects Personally Information.
- Data Retention. We will retain your data as long as legally required. If your data is stored in a university controlled by another Controller, they may choose to leave the platform which could result in your information to be removed with the exception of your access to any rewards you have earned which will be retained for your access and retrieval. You also have all the rights outlined in the “Contacting, Updating and Opting Out” which include removal of your Personal Information per your request.
- Security. BlueVolt takes commercially-reasonable precautions to protect your information. However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are not infallible, BlueVolt cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information submitted through the Site. BlueVolt also makes an off-line effort to protect your Personal Information. BlueVolt makes commercially-reasonable efforts to restrict access to Personal Information to employees who need the information to perform a specific job. BlueVolt maintains commercially-reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the Personal Information BlueVolt collects.
- Contacting, Updating and Opting Out. You have the right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority or regulatory body. You may use the contact information provided below to request a change in your Personal Information (such as address correction) or to have your Personal Information removed from BlueVolt’s database. BlueVolt will evaluate your request in a timely manner and correct, update, or remove your Personal Information or notify you of any reason why your request cannot be fulfilled (for example, legal obligations). You may also use the contact information below if you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Policy or your dealings with the Site. BlueVolt Support support@BlueVolt.com Suite 400 2501 SW 1st Ave. Portland, OR 97201 United States of America (503) 223-2583. You may also contact the Data Protection Officer directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns or requests concerning your Personal Information.
- Policy Changes. BlueVolt reserves the right to make, at its sole discretion, any changes, modifications, additions or deletions to all or portions of this Policy at any time. BlueVolt recommends that you review this Policy frequently. If BlueVolt makes a material change to this Policy, BlueVolt will notify you by standard mail or e-mail, or by clear notice on BlueVolt’s home page. The changes will not be effective against you until the notice has been provided and you have assented to the change through continued use of the Site.
- Traveling Beyond the BlueVolt Internet Portal. As a trade-specific portal, this Site provides you with a doorway to the Internet. When you travel beyond this Site, BlueVolt advises you to browse carefully. This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that BlueVolt does not own or control, or to people that BlueVolt does not employ or manage. BlueVolt recommends that you read the Federal Trade Commission reports and discussions regarding privacy and security located at: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/tech/privacy.shtm.