Only Pay When You Pass!
- Enter promo code Save10Now at checkout to save $10 on your course.
- Our CEU courses are approved in 29 states
- Learn from home at your own pace, 24/7
Search for Electrical CEU classes by your license state
BlueVolt is approved to offer classes on the National Electrical Code Changes in these states: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland (Cecil, Caroline and Queen Anne counties), Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
The NEC—National Electrical Code—was developed to be used by qualified electrical contractors, inspectors, electricians, and electrical engineers. It is not an instructional manual but a series of complicated rules that are mandatory to ensure the safety of individuals and property when working with electrical systems and equipment.
You must regularly study the NEC and its updates because only through learning and understanding it you become an expert electrician. Basically, this code was developed to explain how some things work the way they do. When you know how and why the parts of an electrical system work, you can better understand the NEC, and when you understand it, you become a better electrician.
Its study is a life-long task, because learning to read and comprehend the code is a complex matter. First, you have to understand its basic structure: study the terms, layout, and principles, and how these are used. Once you know the basics, you try to fit them together to make them work together. This takes time and the reason why you must find a study method that allows you to go at your own pace to make sure you are grasping every piece of information fully and accurately, because you want to know the NEC forward and backwards.
- Choose a study plan that gives you enough time to read each reference a minimum of three times, and make it interesting! While you read, think of jobs you have done and relate them to the reference you’re reading, in this way what you’re learning will stick with you.
- Don’t try to find everything quickly, take the time to become familiar with the NEC’s structure.
- Check the index or table of contents to find what you need. You will eventually discover and memorize articles of frequent reference.
- Learn what you have to understand to find a code section or subsection, and how the articles are organized.
- Be patient and keep your goal in mind: you want to master the NEC because it is vital for your journeyman electrician continuing education plan.
- Be organized, be thorough, be professional, and look for the best way to learn it!
With BlueVolt, you can take NEC classes through our Learning Management System. We deliver training content that educates and communicates throughout the industry, all the way from the factory floor to the customer’s door. You can take your NEC course through video, presentations and interactive courses, 24/7 and on-demand, and under very favorable conditions:
- You only pay when you pass a course.
- You can learn online at your own pace.
- Our courses are approved in 29 states.
- We report to the agencies that regulate electricians in 15 states.
- You keep your license current.
Our platform makes it easy to train, track and reward you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to request more information about the NEC, or to ask a question or make a comment; we are always available to talk to you!