I often hear from colleagues in the industries we serve that they face several challenges when it comes to training large and varied workforces or partner teams. Schedules, costs and learning styles all play a role in whether training programs achieve success. Online training through a learning management system (LMS) offers a dynamic, cost-effective solution.
Manufacturers, distributors and buying groups experience a variety of pain points – lack of product knowledge among their teams, member or customer retention, and low sales and profit margins. Despite limited training budgets, they still have to perform. With an online learning management system, each of these industry players can easily and consistently share reliable information with their teams about products, pricing, and company policies and operations. It’s a win-win proposition – reach your audiences effectively and efficiently, and still keep training costs down.
- Flexible and effective. eLearning allows the learner to access training no matter the time of day or location. A central learning platform means students can pace their training to fit when—and where—they learn and retain new information most effectively.
- Broader reach, lower costs. Today’s workforce is on the floor and on the go. Classroom-based, all-day training sessions are budget busters. The most effective learning management systems allow companies to quickly upload the latest product, corporate or safety training to a central system, simplifying program management costs and reducing travel expenses.
- Learning verification and knowledge application. The best learning management systems drive individual accountability and ensure knowledge acquisition and compliance. Choose a system that allows real-time reporting and offline course tracking to ensure maximum ROI on your training investment.
- Customizable content. Consider your audience and increase the effectiveness of your training by developing custom content to ensure consistent branding and innovative delivery. A range of innovative courses – from video to webcasts to quizzes – allows you to develop a comprehensive and compelling program in line with your company and your audience.
- Shareable content. Ensure consistent training across an entire industry channel by encouraging suppliers and distributors to share content on a central platform.
Organizations that use learning management systems achieve much better outcomes than those using traditional training methods, leading to higher rates of growth and company success. We’d love to hear from you. If you use an LMS, what benefits has your organization seen?
Photo credit: Nick Saltmarsh on Flickr